Capcom announced this week that sales of Monster Hunter Rise have reached 6 million worldwide, including downloads. To celebrate, they’re giving players the Kamura Pack 2: Big Hit Celebration item pack, which contains 30 mega potions, a handful of Mega Armorskins, and 20 well-done steaks.
In the game, of course, not reality. I know. Players should visit the Courier to claim the pack.
In other news…
- The upcoming multi-platform Resident Evil Village demo has been extended to last an entire week, starting May 1. The Final Demo will now begin today (May 1) at 5:00 p.m. PST, and last until May 9 at 5:00 p.m. PST, and includes both the Village and Castle segments.
- Capcom also plans to have a Resident Evil Village Japanese launch livestream on May 7, 2021, beginning at 7:00 a.m. EST. The video is already up on the official biohazard YouTube channel.
- Godzilla vs. Kong has left HBO Max, but word has it director Adam Wingard himself might return to Legendary’s MonsterVerse. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the franchise might actually be “ramping up” thanks to GvK’s amazing performance. Where could this lead? Apparently, to a possible Son of Kong movie.
- The production company behind Netflix’s The Witcher are in talks to begin some TV and movie projects based on the World of Darkness RPG universe, or so says Variety.
- Universal is trying to sell a 1/6 replica of the velociraptor Blue from Jurassic World. It can be yours for a cool $1,500. Just head into the Jurassic Outfitters shop over at Islands of Adventure and see for yourself.
— Inside Universal (@insideuniversal) April 27, 2021
- According to Famitsu, both Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space and Earth Defense Force 2017 are getting Switch ports in Japan, based on the Playstation Vita versions. EDF 2 will hit stores in July, while 2017 is planned for a Fall release. Will they make it stateside? Check back later.