Sometimes I miss stuff, so I’m starting a [Weekend Wrap-Up] series where I just throw things out at you that I either missed or didn’t cover throughout the previous week. Let’s make it every Saturday night. And keep it short. I have things to do.
- Godzilla and Kong get some tiki mugs. If you want something special to pour that piña colada into and you’re a big fan of Godzilla or King Kong, then I guess you could do worse than these two $60 tiki mugs from Mondo. The Godzilla mug is a pinch bigger, but they both look pretty cool. They’ll be available in June, and pre-orders are open now.
- Here’s Godzilla vs. Kong with Showa-era sound effects. I like this more than I probably should. Someone on Reddit remixed the final fight of GvK with old Showa music and sounds. It is, dare I say, an improvement!
- The Witcher season 2 wraps up. Here’s the shortest of short featurettes about The Witcher’s upcoming season 2 (I also notice the anime Nightmare of the Wolf has shown up in Netflix’s ‘Worth the Wait’ section, so that’s coming up, as well).
- Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City synopsis. The franchise reboot, directed by Johannes Roberts, will release November 24, 2021. Kaya Scodelario (Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales) will play Claire Redfield, while Robbie Amell (Netflix’s The Babysitter) will play Chris Redfield. Here’s the synopsis:
“Once the booming home of pharmaceutical giant Umbrella Corporation, Raccoon City is now a dying Midwestern town. The company’s exodus left the city a wasteland…with great evil brewing below the surface. When that evil is unleashed, the townspeople are forever…changed…and a small group of survivors must work together to uncover the truth behind Umbrella and make it through the night.”
- Maneater, the game where you play as an angry shark out for vengeance, is getting some DLC called ‘Truth Quest.’ You’ll be exploring “dark secrets” involving the, uh, Naval Wildlife Organization. The game is also still heading to Nintendo Switch at the end of May.
- Pacific Rim: The Black gets a second season. According to Netflix, “It’s not over yet, there’s so much more to The Black…” I haven’t checked this out myself, yet. What’s it all about?
“There was a time when Kaiju rose from the Pacific Rim only to encounter gigantic robots, Jaegers, built to fight them back. That time has passed. Now, Australia has been overrun by Kaiju, forcing the evacuation of an entire continent. Left behind, teenage siblings Taylor and Hayley embark on a desperate search for their missing parents, teaching themselves to pilot a battered, long-abandoned Jaeger to help in their quest and give them even the slightest hope of surviving.”
- Fantasian is available now. The first part of the latest RPG from Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi and Mistwalker is now available on Apple Arcade, via Mac OS, iOS, and their TV thing. The game clocks in at about 4gb, and I’m just not sure my old dying iPhone can handle it. Port that thing to Switch! The second part of Fantasian will arrive later this year.
- Capcom embraces their tall vampire lady with gaint cardboard cutouts. 1:1, life-sized Lady Dimitrescu cutouts have been spotted at GameStops in Hong Kong. A Twitter user shared a photo just the other day.
— Extra Mayo (@EricLMayo1981) March 26, 2021
People are wondering where to buy them. Hehehe.